Friday 6 November 2015

Friday's Assignment - 06/11/2015

Imagine that you had an unforgettable tenant named Jimmy. How much would you ask Jimmy to leave as a deposit for renting your apartment. What would you do if Jimmy left a big hole in the kitchen wall and damaged your stove, refrigerator, and living room carpet?

If i have a unforgettable tenant like Jimmy, I will ask to him to leave two months as a deposit. And if him left a big hole in the kitchen wall and damaged my stove, refrigerator, and living room carpet, I would use the Jimmy's deposit to repair all this things. If the Jimmys's deposit were not sufficient, I would go up to the court.


Here are your tasks:
  1. Reading and discussion with a partner: CLEO on Damage and FMTA's FAQ.
    1. Share with your partner one surprising finding from each document.
I found something interesting in this articles:
- There are rules about your heating and you ac. 
- There are recommendations about how you can break your lease.

2. Write a short email of about 50 words of your own advising a friend on what to do in a tough situation as a tenant.

Hello Joseph, i hope this e-mail finds you well.
I received your e-mail about your problems with your landlord. I think about that and I researched on the internet and found some alternatives to you.
You can ask for help on Federation of Metro Tenants Associations (FMTA). They have a lot of solutions about every problems between tenants and landlords. 
Visit the website http://torontotenants.org/faq
After your search, you will know how to solve your tenant problems.

I hope it helped.

My best.

Fabio

 3. Role play: Getting the Deposit Back
























No comments:

Post a Comment