Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wednesday's Assignment - 2015 - 25 -11

What should fathers do in the home? Mothers? Kids? Do you believe in clear gender roles?



Discuss with a partner what might be a good caption here.

Here are your tasks:
  1. Role play: Being a Stay-at-Home Dad
Follow below the audio recorded on chirbit:
  1. Using the vocabulary learned, write 6 sentences describing family roles and responsibilities in your country of origin.
Vocabulary:
  • stay-at-home dad
  • laid off
  • full-time
  •  to put it that way
  • caretaker
  • household chores
  • feminist
  • sensibilities
  • radical lifestyles
  • changing up gender roles
  • nowadays
  • recipes
V1 - When i came to Canada, me and my wife didn't have a jobs. So i stayed at home with my kids like a stay-at-home-dad. I'm looking for a full time job and if i get a job i  won't be a caretaker of my kids. 
To put it that way, i don't like changing up gender roles though nowadays some people have a radical lifestyles.
My wife isn't a feminist but she has sensibilities and i think she would like if i do the household chores and cook some recipes for our family.


V2 - When came to Canada, I and my wife didn't have a jobs. So I stayed at home with my kids like a stay-at-home-dad. I'm looking for a full time job and if I get a job I  won't be a caretaker of my kids. 
To put it that way, I don't like changing up gender roles though nowadays some people have a radical lifestyles.
My wife isn't a feminist but she has sensibilities and I think she would like if I do the household chores and cook some recipes for our family.
  1. Cross-check with a classmates before publishing.









No comments:

Post a Comment